Keeping you and your business safe and secure
DESL Electrical Contractors Ltd carry out fire alarm and security installations throughout Farnham, Aldershot, Farnborough, Camberley, Guildford, Surrey, Hampshire & South East. All types of fire alarm and security systems are designed, installed and maintained to the relevant British Standard BS 5839.
We are accustomed to working in highly sensitive areas having carried out installation, commission and maintenance contracts in working schools, colleges, hospitals, shopping centres, factories etc. We fully understand the nature of carrying out installation and maintenance contracts within these environments and we work hard to build a relationship with our clients to ensure that all contracts are completed on time and with minimal disruption.
It is of the utmost importance and a legal requirement to carry out regular fire alarm testing using the correct procedure and have the results recorded in a suitable log book. Below are some statistics from the Chief Fire Officers Association (CFOA) website underlining the need to take fire safety seriously.
- 11,156 fires in retail and vehicle trade premises resulting in 378 casualties, including 12 fatalities
- 8,837 fires in recreational and other cultural services resulting in 115 casualties, including 3 fatalities
- 5,041 fires in restaurants, cafes, pubs, etc. resulting in 270 casualties, including 5 fatalities
- 4,208 fires in schools resulting in 129 casualties
- 3,648 fires in hospitals and healthcare resulting in 412 casualties, including 4 fatalities
- 2,823 fires in industrial premises resulting in 102 casualties, including 1 fatality
- 1,846 fires in hotels, boarding houses, hostels, etc. resulting in 172 casualties, including 4 fatalities
- 924 fires in FE, HE and pre-schools resulting in 19 casualties
In 2013/14 alone there were:
2,139 fires in industrial premises
5,561 fires in commercial/retail
1,898 fires in schools, higher/further education and health/hospital premises
Our operatives have been trained by the FIA (Fire Industry Association) to ensure that all fire alarm works carried out comply with current legislation and that the advice we give is both relevant and cost effective for our customers.
If you need advice and a free quotation please contact us with any of your fire & security
requirements. Find out more about the Fire Safety Order 2005 (FSO) and how it affects
Please contact us for a free consultation.